See what people are reading on the New York Subway: http://undergroundnewyorkpubliclibrary.com/
The Sartorialist, Scott Schuman recently posted a contest on his blog. Whoever had the best answer to this question: "What is the item of clothing that you dreamed about the most but never actually ended up wearing??" would win a signed copy of his new book. I didn't read people's submissions, but I would expect some funny stories. One of the winning responses wasn't funny at all, it was sweet and more a comment on the meaning of fashion. Read it here.
This article on a heart shaped meadow in England created in memory of a widower's wife. See more pictures here.
Christian Tagliavini is Swiss-Italian artist/photographer who has created two collections I love. The first is called "Dame di Cartone" (cardboard ladies), in which Tagliavanini creates clothing of cardboard and paper. Inspirations include baroque styles, cubism, and 1950s fashion. The second is "1503," in which he creates photos reminiscent of old master paintings, like those of Il Bronzino, except he adds his own slightly stylized touch (I love the elongated necks). He used fabric and cardboard to make the clothes. I can't wait to see what he does next.
Birdbox Animation
Just watch this:
It's a London animation house. You can see more funny shorts on their YouTube Channel.
the xx. One of my favorite music groups, their minimal style is something I hardly know how to describe. I could listen to the album on repeat without getting tired of it. From London, the group won the Mercury Prize in 2010 for their self-titled debut album. They've just released some songs from the new album, to be released on September 10. Just take a listen. Also from the new album: "Chained"
Some songs from the first album, if you're interested: "Intro" (love this, wish it were longer, and don't forget to turn on the subwoofer), "Crystallized" (first single), "Islands" (cool video)
No comments:
Post a Comment