Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

Best Picture Books of 2012

Well, I'm late this year because it's taken a long time to get my hands on all the books I wanted to read before constructing a list. In fact, there are still four I'm on the waiting list for, and there are eight books not available my libraries. So there is a slight possibility that I will have to amend this list.
Here are the Top 10:

Sleep Like A Tiger
Written by Mary Logue, illustrated by Pamela Zagarenski
This is Not My Hat
By Jon Klassen
A Home for Bird
By Philip C. Stead
Creepy Carrots!
Written by Aaron Reynolds, illustrated by Peter Brown
Z is for Moose
Written by Kelly Bingham, illustrated by Paul O. Zelinsky
Each Kindness
Written by Jacqueline Woodson, illustrated by E. B. Lewis
Martin de Porres: The Rose in the Desert
By Gary D. Schmidt, illustrated by David Diaz
The Obstinate Pen
By Frank W. Dormer
Green
By Laura Vaccaro Seeger
Bear Despair
By  Gaetan Doremus

Honorable Mention:


This Moose Belongs to Me by Oliver Jeffers


Extra Yarn Written by Mac Barnett, illustrated by Jon Klassen
Step Gently Out Written by Helen Frost, photographs by Rick Lieder
One Cool Friend Written by Toni Buzzeo, illustrated by David Small

No comments:

Post a Comment