Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Franz

Photo by Andrew Youssef via Stereogum
I spent last night at a fabulous Franz Ferdinand concert. They're definitely one of my favorite live acts, and of the four concerts of theirs I've been to, this is in the top two (it's hard to say whether this one or Royal Albert Hall was better). It's impossible not to move with their music. It was a relatively small venue, and the crowd had fabulous energy (they/we were obviously passionate about Franz Ferdinand). There was lots of dancing and jumping and singing along. And Franz themselves were in fine form. They sounded great. There were moments of improvising and riffs. And then there's Alex's personality--kicks and dramatic faces and dancing that make me smile. They played a lot of songs I've never heard before, which I'm guessing will be on their forthcoming album. (and I'm assuming they'll be back to promote it!) It's not always fun to hear songs you don't know, but I liked every new song I heard. During Take Me Out, the whole crowd was stomping, jumping so that you felt the beats of the song reverberate through your body. Also, opening act the Palma Violets weren't bad.

Take Me Out


Take Me Out with a view of the audience


Can't Stop Feeling & Outsiders, complete with drum orgy


This Fire (which ruins the album version b/c it will never live up to the speed and intensity of the live version)



I love them so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment