Pages

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Laura at Immanuel Presbyterian


Just this past Monday I saw Laura Marling live at Immanuel Presbyterian. I got there early and had a seat in the second row. On my way to get in line, a blond girl exited the side of the church. I thought, hey she almost looks like--it's Laura! I walked right past her--about a foot away. I didn't say anything because I didn't know what I would say. So I smiled, satisfied, knowing that I had seen her off stage.


When it's a concert like this, with no band, my favorite part becomes the new songs. One in particular was quite beautiful. And someone--bless them--recorded it. Make sure you listen to the lyrics.


I've been up late with the night birds,
begging the dawn not to come.
Oh how I don't want to leave you
so much I can't hardly bear.
I have some things I must tend to.
Would you stay as you are lying there?

You are too much a man
to let go.
I am too much a woman
not to know.

Kissing the rain off your shoulders
answering questions with stares
holding my chest like I'm a wild horse
running my hands through your hair.
The sun kicks the moon off the mountain.
That is my cue to leave
The long tears of women are silent
so they don't wake those who sleep

You are too much a man to let go.
I am too much a woman not to know

I'm coming to get you
hoping that you haven't changed your mind, baby
Be mine.

So intimate. It's enough to make me wonder if she has a new man in her life. But it could just as easily be a new book with her. I love that line "answering questions with stares." The other new song she played is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment