Went to see Mumford and Sons at the Hollywood Bowl last night. Fantastic. Can we do that again tomorrow?
A few highlights:
The Hollywood Bowl. It was such a great setting for Mumford & Sons. They had these lights that gave it an outdoor, backyard kind of performance. And on quieter songs, that were mostly just acoustic with harmony, you could sit down, and look at the stars (which, incidentally were brighter/easier to see there than in the city). It would have been a great concert to be at w/a bf.
The harmonies. Live, I could hear (and see) the harmonies much more clearly.Many songs have 4 part harmonies.
The instruments. I loved seeing a banjo player, and a bass player rocking out with three horn players. They also have a great fiddle player on tour with them. I enjoyed seeing what instruments were brought out for each song.
The guy who said to me, "I think it's cool as f*** that you came by yourself."
That they closed with a cover of With a Little Help from My Friends.
All the dancing, fun, silliness that went on when they played "With a Little Help from My Friends" and "Awake My Soul" with the Angeleno band, Dawes.
After the concert, "Come Together" played in the background, and many audience members sang along as they made their way to the exits.
If you're a Mumford & Sons fan, don't miss this.

No comments:
Post a Comment