Pages

Friday, July 10, 2015

Paris Highlights: Fashion & Style

Paris style is one of my favorite things about visiting. I love watching people and seeing the trends. The French are either totally and completely put together, or they look like they're accidentally beautiful (that effortless thrown-together-but-everything-looks-perfect thing).

Parisian mother on Rue de Sevres

In Jardin du Luxembourg


Velib

At Hotel de Ville

Try as I might to get good photos, I failed miserably. I did get a few good shots, but mostly I got blurry shots that provide an example of French fashion but are terrible photos. And I got almost no photos of true fashionistas--the ones who are so stylish, they stop you in your tracks. So here's some of the shots of day to day French fashion.


In Jardin du Luxembourg during warm weather.
Notice the old lady in the background--her fake eyelashes resembled grosgrain ribbon.
On the streets of Paris in warm weather

In Jardin du LuxembourgR

In Jardin du Luxembourg

Overcast in Jardin du Luxembourg


On the streets of Paris


In the rain in Montmartre


white sneakers on Rue de Rivoli


We stumbled upon a Viktor & Rolf boutique that I didn't even know existed. I LOVE Viktor & Rolf. I saw an exhibit in Paris 10 years ago on them that kind of blew my mind. They're conceptual and avant garde and they're known for their complicated patterns.

We were walking along Rue St Honoré (one of the many Rodeo Drives of Paris), and there it was.



The whole interior was covered in a charcoal felt-like material.

Downstairs
The very chic guy who worked there informed us that the store would be closing soon because Viktor & Rolf will no longer be selling ready to wear. He encouraged me try on anything I wanted. When my dad told him what a huge fan I was of Viktor & Rolf, he went in the back and brought back Viktor & Rolf tote bags--freebies--and asked if I would want one. Then he wrapped them up as if they were couture. Three days after my sprained ankle, this was a much needed boost.

See how the tissue paper is folded like an accordion?

After this happy accident, we walked around Place Vendome, which is nothing but the highest end jewelry. Dior, Patek Philippe, Chaumet, Chanel, etc. Beautiful stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment