Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

Picture This: Good News Bad News

Good News Bad News by Jeff Mack

Good News! Rabbit has brought a picnic to share with Rat Mouse*. Bad news: it's starting to rain. Good news: Rabbit has an umbrella. Bad news: the wind ruins it. Good news: Rabbit found a tree. Bad news--you get the idea. Will Rabbit and Rat Mouse ever get to enjoy their picnic.

The text the consist almost entirely of three words ("good," "bad," and "news"), but it conveys a concept and story that are fun, entertaining and valuable. It tells a story both about friendship and perspective. The predicaments become increasingly drastic and funny. The appealing illustrations bring out the humor in each situation with great facial expressions. My guess is this would be a crowd-pleaser.





*Yes, I see cute furry, little creatures with long tails and I automatically think rat (I had a pet rat as a kid), but afterwards, as I saw book blurbs, I noticed that he's described as a mouse. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment